I received an unexpected commission in January…to decorate a cardboard coffin! As coincidence would have it, the deceased was a good friend of a friend, hence, I was a able to gain an insight into what she would have liked, her favourite colour etc.. I decided to use masking fluid to create a floral design, as she loved flowers, and I included grasses, cornflowers and agapanthus, which is stunning as a silhouette. For the background colour, I used a paint spatter technique, and used 8 different shades of pinks, reds, purples etc. I was happy with the result, and the family of the deceased were delighted. Although the initial request felt a wee bit morbid, I was pleased to have fulfilled the deceased lady’s wishes.